Snapchat is a mobile app that allows users to send and receive auto destructing videos and photos.
FACTS ABOUT SNAPCHAT
SNAPCHAT FOR BUSINESS:
- New Product Announcement
- Creating attractive infographics/teasers about the product launch.
- Instant feedback and reviews about the product with 100% brand visibility to the customers.
Using the prime feature of Snapchat’s picture dynamics, WWF started the campaign #LastSelfie to protect the endangered species. The campaign was successful and the entire month’s fund was collected in just three days.
- Promotions and Discounts
- Introducing time limited deals and promos. Eg: Snap with the product and get offers or use promo code on the next purchase.
Snapchat partnered with Cedar Point Amusement Park to develop a program where the user needed to take a screenshot of the ghost which was hidden between the other clips before it disappeared. The winners would in turn win a coupon for a special haunt experience. The park saw a 233% higher engagement rate than other social platforms.
- Sneak a Peek moments
- Broadcasting live events which are normally not available to general public.
- Sharing useful hacks and tutorials about the product.
- Publishing videos to develop customer interaction by allowing the customers to talk about their personal experiences from using the product
In association with the release of Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation, several contests were held to promote the film. The ‘mission month’ contest featured challenges with a 24-hour time limit. The winners were showcased in various social platforms which helped in reaching out to more audience earning around 65 million impressions.
- Building brand followers
- Bulding and Maintaining customer interaction through regular contents and campaigns by asking brand followers what they would like to know from the brand.
Taco bell initiated a campaign with an aim to reach out to their young fans and celebrate Cince de Mayo. The application created a taco shaped head for the user which made this campaign viral resulting in 224 million views in one day.